Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Effective Beginner Dribbling Workout

One very important thing to do if you are an athlete is to hydrate very well. You need to be drinking plenty of water in order to maximize your energy for your workout. Before you even begin a workout your body needs to be stretched properly. It is very important to make sure your muscles are warm and loose. You do not want to pull a muscle. I usually start my workout out with some calisthenics. I do all my calisthenics with at least one ball that I dribble up and down the court while I perform the exercise. I start with a jog, then high knees, then butt kicks, then shuffle, then karaoke, then back pedal, then one my trainer made up called coordination. Then the workout begins. 

Ball wraps: (Both directions)
  Around head 1x20
  Around waist 1x20
  Around knees 1x20
  Around both legs 1x20 
Low Dribbles: *(Reverse directions)
   Right hand 1x30 secs
   Left hand 1x30 secs 
   Right hand front to back 1x30 secs 
   Left hand front to back 1x30 secs 
   Right hand side to side 1x30 secs 
   Left hand side to side 1x30 secs 
   *Around right leg 1x30 secs
   *Around left leg 1x30 secs
   *Around both legs 1x30 secs
   *Figure "8" 1x30 secs

Laterals: 
Crossover under the knees 1x30
Crossover right hand through between the legs 1x30
Crossover left hand through between the legs 1x30 
Crossover under the legs (behind the back) 1x30 

No comments:

Post a Comment